The Dharma Farmers are the fairly new project of Jeff Holmes (Vocal and harmonica) and Larry Berwald (guitar). This will be the first visit of Jeff to Hunter at Sunrise, but Larry has been on the show a number of times accompanying Seth Stainback, Julie Clark, Little Doors and as part of his own, Larry Berwald and Friends. I am told they have some surprises in mind saluting other local artists in the area. So we hope you will join us this Sunday morning as the Dharma Farmers visit the show for the first time.
Join us this Sunday as members of Spirit Gun from Norfolk visit our show for the first time. Spirit Gun is Peter Overstreet, Oren Lev, and Stephen Siegel and they specialize in Rock.Roll.Soul. They've been around since 2012 and dabble in a number of different genres. Hope you can join us as Spirit Gun has its first acoustic session on Hunter at Sunrise this Sunday morning.
Our new way of presenting live music has been a rousing success over the last two weekends and we continue with live guests this Sunday. We are happy to welcome for the first time singer/songwriter Matt Vollmer. Matt is originally from North Carolina, studied music in Florida and now resides in Va. Beach. He now occasionally plays various venues here in the area. Hope you can join us as Matt Vollmer visits Hunter At Sunrise for the first time this Sunday.
It's our second Sunday of live guests and we're welcoming members of the Ben Phelps Project to the show. The Smithfield based band was supposed to visit right after the release of their critically acclaimed album, Wake Up the Guards, but the pandemic had other ideas. So we're making up for it with a live acoustic session this Sunday. We will be social distancing as we did last weekend and we appreciate the band being patient, allowing us to work out the details for this interview. Hope you will join us as the Ben Phelps Project comes to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday morning. For more about the Ben Phelps Project, click HERE.
Yes, it has been since early March since we've had guests come to the studio to be on the show. The pandemic did a number on our live acoustic sessions, but this Sunday all that changes as the Norfolk duo, Dry Land, visits Hunter At Sunrise. Dry Land is Kate and Drew Landman and they have been on the show before as part of the band House of Cards. We will be social distancing of course, taking extra steps to be safe from the virus. But we are very excited to present live music on the radio once again. Hope you will join us as Dry Land visits Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday.
It's August and the dog days of summer have set in. We're going to be taking some time off the next two Sundays for vacation but this Sunday's show will be live. Only the acoustic session will be an encore. We will be presenting again the Norfolk duo, Dry Land, who came to the station about a month and a half ago, performing live in an adjacent studio. Dry Land is Kate and Drew Landman and they have been on the show before as part of the band House of Cards. Hope you will join us for our encore presentation of Dry Land on Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday.
We are taking a short break this morning...but we will return next Sunday with a new live show which will feature our first LIVE acoustic session since early March. We're very excited about that! In the meantime we hope you'll enjoy this encore presentation of our show featuring national recording artists Lowland Hum from Charlottesville. Thanks so much for listening.
We're taking a Sunday off because Hunter is celebrating a birthday week. Hunter At Sunrise will still be there this Sunday morning though, as we present an encore show featuring master guitarist, Matt Thomas, that we aired earlier this year. We will return to live shows the following weekend. Please stay safe.
The above AltRadio player is currently having problems working in Chrome browsers. If the show doesn't play for you, try Firefox, Safari, or Explorer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
More Articles ...
- Hunter At Sunrise continues it's social distancing and presents Karl Werne & Friends this Sunday
- A special message from Hunter At Sunrise
- Jeremy Mangrum returns to play solo on Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday morning
- We will be live this Sunday but with social distancing our session with Jeremy Mangrum will be a repeat
- After many years, Will Overman returns to Hunter at Sunrise this Sunday morning.
- We will be live again this Sunday but our interview with Will Overman of Charlottesville is an encore
- Hunter At Sunrise has another live show this Sunday as we also present our encore session with Jim Masters
- Nashville's Kayce Laine McGehee will be our guest this Sunday on Hunter At Sunrise
- We hope you know this guy because he's our first live guest of 2020 this Sunday
- Hunter At Sunrise invites you to discover a new artist, Clay Bitter, this Sunday morning
- Dwayne Wegley just released his debut album this year and he's our guest this Sunday morning on Hunter At Sunrise
- Hunter At Sunrise takes a short vacation
- Jerry Sowers of Newport News is releasing a new cd and he's our guest this Sunday morning
- Alana Springsteen has her eyes on that world tour but first she's our guest on Hunter at Sunrise this Sunday
- Va. Beach's Tammy Gardner is our guest this Sunday on Hunter at Sunrise
- Who we are Not returns to Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday
- This Sunday we introduce you to the music of David Stoddard on Hunter At Sunrise
- A message from Hunter At Sunrise
- Narissa Bond is back on Hunter At Sunrise with a newly released album
- Nicky Lee is our guest this Sunday morning on Hunter At Sunrise