This Sunday morning Hunter At Sunrise returns to live shows and welcomes the country-folk duo, The Secret Sisters. From Muscle Shoals, Alabama, the Sisters (actually named Lydia and Laura Rogers) have made the Americana community sit up and take notice with two critically acclaimed albums. The second, Put Your Needle Down, was just released last year and features for the first time a number of original songs from the duo. Both discs were produced by the famous songwriter/producer T.Bone Burnett. This Sunday, The Secret Sisters' intricate harmonies will be on full display as we air this very special acoustic session. Hope you can join us. For more about the Secret Sisters, click HERE.
Yes we are in the days of the canine variety, so Hunter At Sunrise will be taking a couple of weekends off from live shows starting this weekend. We will be airing archived shows until we return at the end of the month. This Sunday we will air the June show featuring Australian singer/songwriter, Anthony Snape, and the following Sunday, we will re-air our July show featuring the Lovecats from the Peninsula. Hope you will still tune in for these great programs. We will be back to live shows on Aug. 30th.
Yes we are still on a short vacation, taking a little time off during these hot summer days. We have just one more archived presentation before we return to live shows at the end of the month. This Sunday we will air our July show featuring the cool duo from the Peninsula called the Lovecats. Our live programming will return Aug. 30th with our special guests, The Secret Sisters from Muscle Shoals, Alabama. Until then, we hope you will enjoy the Lovecats this Sunday.
Hunter at Sunrise continues it's support of emerging artists by welcoming Woodson Kelley this Sunday morning. Woodson is another singer/songwriter you can see playing open mikes on the Peninsula and it's our understanding that he is working on a record. We will be talking to him about that. Woodson will also be the second artist to perform on our show then immediately travel to the Five Points Community Farm market at 26th and Church St. in Norfolk to play during their Sunday brunch. So we hope you will join us for our live acoustic session with Woodson Kelley this Sunday. For more about Woodson Kelley, Click HERE
By now you may know, Hunter At Sunrise is all about musical exploration and discovery. In that spirit, we are happy to bring you an artist perhaps you haven't heard before. Colleen Morrison from N.News will be our guest this coming Sunday morning. Colleen is an up and coming singer/songwriter who frequents many of the open mikes on the Peninsula. So I hope you will join us this Sunday morning as we discover Colleen Morrison. For more about Colleen Morrison on Facebook, click HERE.
Hope you can join us this Sunday as Makuta visits us for a live acoustic session. Makuta is a family affair featuring the talents of Doug, Jane, Aleata & Rose Makuta. They are currently on a radio tour in support of their EP, The Kingbird Sessions, which we have played on the show. It's always exciting to have someone new on the program so make it a point this Sunday to tune in for the alt acoustic sounds of Makuta....for more about Makuta, click HERE.
Last Sunday we had Roy Moats on our show for a rather rousing live acoustic session. Now this Sunday morning we welcome his son Zach Moats and wife Megan to Hunter At Sunrise. They call themselves the Lovecats when they play as a duo but when they play with their band, they are the Dharma Initiative. The two are very active on the local club scene and it will be a pleasure to have them on the show for the first time....For more about the Lovecats and the Dharma Initiative, click HERE.
Yes, we are excited this week as N.News' Roy Moats returns to the program for a live acoustic session. Roy's style of songwriting is truly unique and has won over judges at many a singer/songwriter contest. You can catch him at Open Mics and Festivals all over the area. In fact, right after he is done with our show, you can catch him at the 5 Points Farmers Market at 2500 Church St. in Norfolk as we present "Mimosas and Moats" in the market's cafe during brunch. Hope you can come down and check him out....for more about Roy Moats on Facebook, click HERE.
Yes, it is hot and sticky, the dog days of summer, and we are all sitting in traffic during the work week. But one man feels our pain and will translate it into song this Sunday as Hunter At Sunrise sings the blues with Bobby Blackhat Walters. Originally from Cleveland, Bobby has been the heart and soul of the area blues scene with several cds to his credit. It's been a while since he has brought his distinctive harp playing to our show, so we have a lot of catching up to do...We hope you can join us for this special live acoustic session with Bobby Blackhat Walters this Sunday morning. For more about Bobby Blackhat, click HERE.
More Articles ...
- Anthony Snape Makes a Return Visit to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Scott Sechman from the West Coast Visits Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday Morning
- Hunter At Sunrise Takes a Short Spring Break
- Anthony Rosano Returns to Hunter At Sunrise For an Acoustic Blues Session This Sunday
- June is for Hunter At Sunrise Acoustic Sessions Beginning with Tom Euler
- Our June Acoustic Sessions Series Continues With The Return of Julie Clark
- The Delvers Are On Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Brandon Bower of Virginia Beach Returns to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Big Virginia Sky Not Only has a Show This Weekend, They Also Are on Hunter At Sunrise
- Norfolk's Mike Lawson Makes his First Appearance on Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Capitol Recording Artist Shannon McNally Visits Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday Morning
- Jack Burton Green Brings his Gritty Americana to Hunter at Sunrise
- Sugar Hill recording artist, Sarah Jarosz, Visits Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday
- Karl Werne Pays Another Visit to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Ron Fetner Will be Our Guest this Sunday Morning On Hunter At Sunrise
- Hunter At Sunrise Welcomes Back Narissa Bond this Sunday Morning
- MountainTide Makes Their Radio Debut This Sunday on Hunter At Sunrise
- The Last Bison returns to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday Morning
- Hunter At Sunrise Programming Note
- Hunter At Sunrise Returns to Live Shows This Sunday as Dave Crumpler Pays His First Visit to The Show