Yes, the last couple of weekends we have been exploring new local music...and that effort continues this Sunday as Aaron Randoph of Virginia Beach makes his first visit to the show. This weekend you will get a taste of what Aaron means by Poetic Folk Blues. Hope you can join us as Aaron Randolph graces Hunter At Sunrise for the first time. For more about Aaron Randolph on Facebook, click HERE.
Hunter At Sunrise always likes to find new artists in the area who have never been on the show before. Last week it was Andy Geels of Va. Beach. This Sunday it will be Rachel Gaither of Hampton. Rachel is a vocalist and musician who is especially known for her performances on the violin. In fact she operates her on own school on the Peninsula teaching the instrument. She is originally from Missouri and studied violin at the University of Nebraska. Oh yes, and she also plays the guitar. Hope you can join us for a live acoustic session this Sunday morning with Rachel Gaither. For more about Rachel Gaither on Facebook, click HERE.
Yes, Hunter At Sunrise is back with live programs this Sunday and we'll be joined by Andy Geels for a live acoustic session. Andy just won the Emerging Artist Contest at the Sea Level Singer-Songwriter Festival in early April and being on the show was one of the prizes. As an extra treat, Andy will visit the Five Points Community Farm Market in Norfolk right after our program and put on a live show during brunch from 12 to 2pm. So we hope you will join us this Sunday morning as we celebrate the emerging artist with Andy Geels. For more about Andy Geels on Facebook, click HERE.
It's been very busy these past few months, so maybe it's time to take a Sunday off and chill a little. We will have a show though as we play our archived program from February featuring the M.S.G. Acoustic Blues Trio. It was a lively acoustic session where the trio debuted its brand new disc, The Flood. We will return to live shows on April 24th when we welcome the winner of the TAO Emerging Artist Contest, Andy Geels, to the program. So we hope you enjoy this Sunday's re-airing of the show featuring M.S.G., we'll be back with you live on the 24th.
If all goes well this weekend, Yep Roc Records recording artist, Aoife O'Donovan, will be our guest this Sunday morning. Touring behind her just released solo record, In The Magic Hour, Aoife is in town for a house concert at the North Shore Point House Concert Series. The album is her second as a solo artist...the first was 2013's Fossils. Originally from Newton, Massachusetts, Aoife gained notoriety as the lead singer of the band Crooked Still which produced 5 full length albums. She has also been known to frequent NPR's A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. Hope you will join us for this very special acoustic session with Aoife O'Donovan this Sunday morning. For more about Aoife O'Donovan, click HERE.
Grammy nominated, John Fullbright, is headlining the Sea Level Singer Songwriter Festival this Saturday night with special guest, local blues artist Anthony Rosano. It's going to be an incredible evening of music at the Roper Center on Granby Street in Norfolk. Fullbright, who was nominated for a Grammy for his very first solo release, From The Ground Up, takes to the stage for an extended set of original songs. Originally from Beardon, Oklahoma, John also received critical acclaim for his album from last year called Songs. Not only is it a great night for music, but it is also a perfect chance to help out an important charity here in the area, Tidewater Arts Outreach. The organization provides music and arts to people unable to otherwise experience it because they are in a nursing home or hospital. Great songs for a good cause, how can you lose. To purchase tickets to John Fullbright, click HERE. To find out more about Tidewater Arts Outreach, click HERE. And for more about John Fullbright, click HERE. Be sure to tune into Hunter At Sunrise this Sunday...hopefully we will have an interview with John. As always, thanks for listening.
One of the hardest working artists in the area, Felicia Hoyos, drops by Hunter At Sunrise for a live acoustic session this Sunday. Besides fronting her own band, Felicia hosts many open mikes in the area. Her debut EP was released just last year. Felicia's music runs the gamut: acoustic, indie, rock, soul, R&B, pop and country and it will be on full display this Sunday. So we hope you can join us as Felicia Hoyos visits our show for the first time. For more about Felicia Hoyos on Facebook, click HERE.
Hunter At Sunrise welcomes Irish singer Seamus Kennedy to the show this Sunday morning. Born in Belfast, Seamus has produced record after record of traditional Irish and Scottish music. But he doesn't stop there. He also sings American Standards, Country and Western, and childrens tunes, all with a healthy dose of Irish humor. So we hope you will join us this Sunday morning as Hunter At Sunrise celebrates the upcoming St. Patrick's Day with Irishman, Seamus Kennedy. For more about Seamus Kennedy, click HERE.
Yes, you can listen to our live Hunter At Sunrise broadcast every Sunday morning by downloading the WHRO Radio Apps to your smart phone or IPad for Free. Just look for them in the Apple App Store or Google Play. Choose the AltRadio App and listen from 7a to 11a eastern Sunday while you walk, jog or drive. For more on the WHRO Radio Apps, click HERE.
More Articles ...
- Tray and JoAnn Eppes Visit Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday Morning
- Hunter At Sunrise Welcomes M.S.G. Acoustic Blues Trio This Sunday Morning
- Maya Walters Visits Hunter At Sunrise for the First Time This Sunday Morning
- She's a Singer, Songwriter, Teacher and Performer, Alice Conner Returns to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday Morning
- Hunter At Sunrise Welcomes Back Guitarist Extraordinaire Matt Thomas This Sunday
- Dustin Furlow is Our Guest On Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday Morning
- Hunter At Sunrise Celebrates 10 years of AltRadio by Going On the Road This Sunday Morning
- Norfolk's Nate Sacks Pays Another Visit to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Hunter At Sunrise Starts the New Year Off Right As Natalie Prass Returns to The Show
- Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year from Hunter At Sunrise
- It's a Red Clover Ghost Christmas this Sunday on Hunter At Sunrise
- Holly Bishop Returns to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday With An Album Made for Kids
- Hunter At Sunrise Returns to Live Shows this Sunday With Another Visit from John Gorka
- Happy Thanksgiving from Hunter At Sunrise
- Hunter At Sunrise Presents Jonny Cardigan for the First Time This Sunday Morning
- Norfolk's Amanda Raye Pays Her Second Visit to Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday Morning
- Skye Zentz is Packing New Songs And She Knows How To Use Them. She is Our Guest This Sunday.
- The Aussies Are Coming! The Aussies Are Coming!
- The Aussies Are Coming Part 2, Daniel Champagne Visits Hunter At Sunrise This Sunday
- Come Sunday, Who We Are Not Will Be on Hunter At Sunrise For a Live Acoustic Session